Perhaps the greatest benefit of being able to take pictures through the microscope is the ability for the patient is able to see the clear, high-resolution image that the dentist sees.
The Global Dental Operating Microscope provides improved illumination and magnification enhancing the precision and manipulation of all diagnostic and technical aspects of restorative, endodontics and periodontists.
- Provides refinement in tooth and margin preparation.
- Allows for closer inspection of restorations and marginal tissues.
- Improved lighting and magnification aid in caries detection and removal.
- Improves detection and evaluation of coronal and root fractures and abnormalities.
- Facilitates cord placement for gingival retraction.
- Provides for better inspection of impressions.
- Helps with inspection of marginal fit of restoration (crowns, veneers, inlay/onlay, amalgam, composite).
- Facilitates in finishing and polishing of margins.
Assists in gingival contouring or reshaping around teeth and implants.
- Assists in evaluation after cementation.
- Diagnosis: improves visualization of fracture patterns, both coronal aspect of the tooth, the chamber, and into the root structure.
- Isolation, evaluation, and remediation of pulpal chamber obstructions, calcifications, and resorptions.
- Allowing for predictable pulp chamber visualization, the investigation of calcified anatomy can be conducted safer, with reduced loss of tooth structure, minimizing iatrogenic incidents.
- Three-dimensional visualization of root obstruction from separated instruments allowing for more successful removal of iatrogenic blockages.
- Endodontic retreatment cases successfully “disassembled” due to predictable removal of core build-ups; cemented posts, silver cones, and previous root fill materials.
- Careful evaluation of biomechanics allowing for more complete cleansing and disinfection of root canal systems.
- Thorough cleansing of deep caries can be completely illuminated, removed, and sealed from oral fluids.
- Manipulation of gingival tissue, for example electrosurgical, suturing, and laser procedures can be more delicately directed with enhanced visualization.
- Endodontic surgical cases are enhanced as the complete lingual aspect of canal root structure can be more readily seen, allowing for complete root resection, and retro fill procedures.
- Enhanced surgical visualization allows for careful evaluation of suspected fractured root structure and periosseous defects.
- Allows surgeon to minimize the size of the surgical site, reducing patient discomfort and healing time.
- Improves accuracy of microsurgical incisions primary would healing.
- Allows for better inspection and diagnosis of abnormal soft tissue lesions of the gingiva, palate, and mucosa.
- Improves visualization of root surface and adjacent intra-bony defects for definitive removal of calculus.
- Aids identification of micro-inflammation during re-evaluation following non-surgical therapy.
- Helps inspection of the quality of restorations and marginal tissues.
- Permits micro-level osseous surgery facilitating bone removal without nicking the root surface and allows for better periodontal ligament preservation during ostectomy.
- Permits accurate subepithelial placement and suturing of membranes and subepithelial connective tissue grafts.
- Improves visualization of implant sites with minimal space between teeth and helps in evaluating the exact fit of implant prosthetic components and the health of marginal tissues around implants.
- Permits precise control of laser surgery on adjacent teeth without injury to root or implant surfaces.
- Permits accurate and easier root amputations
- Facilitates sinus lift procedures through direct visualization of the sinus membrane during dissection.
- Permits fine dissection of the mandibular and mental nerves for lateral displacement during mandibular implant procedure.
- Permits location of the periodontal ligament for atraumatic elevation of roots and root tips during extraction with concurrent ridge preservation/augmentation.
- Improves detection and evaluation of root fractures and abnormalities.